Cloud Billing – Interview with MetraTech’s Scott Swartz Every SaaS, IaaS and PaaS vendor needs a robust billing module which works seamlessly across both single and hybrid Cloud deployments. Even though every Cloud service provider gives billing functionality, the issues arise when you have a hybrid Cloud deployment and you want to stitch together various billing services to provide a unified view of the costs. This is what MetraTech specializes in and offers products and services which enable SaaS vendors, for example, to focus on delivering value through their service while MetraTech’s MetraNet takes care of all their billing requirements.
Monetize it in the Cloud for 2012 As many experts predict, cloud computing’s popularity will continue to explode in 2012. As the New Year has now arrived, it’s time to get your organization up to speed on the possibilities of the cloud, including advanced billing of your offerings. Managing subscriptions, metered transactions, payments and accounts, a once daunting task for many organizations, is now made easier and more effective in the cloud. The benefits of cloud monetization and billing tools, from achieving desirable economies of scale to reducing sales cycles, are abundant. However, before your organization makes the shift, it’s
Successful selling in the cloud relies on billing The cloud offers a multitude of benefits for businesses looking to expand their sales channels. In the cloud, these companies can create new, predictable revenue streams; develop economies of scale; gain faster time to market; and shorten sales cycles. However, those benefits come with some challenges. Many organizations imagine the path to the cloud is a technology-dominated road. The truth is that companies moving to the cloud need to put 80 percent of their focus on developing a new business model. The remaining 20 percent of a cloud company’s attention should go