CloudTweaks all set for HP’s Master The Cloud
Update 8:10 am: Josh Horner will be covering the HP Event in Montreal today as our Social Media Representative.
You can follow the Twitter Event at: #HPcloudCA
HP’s up and coming Master The Cloud event regarding Cloud Computing will be happening across Canada starting from 24 January 2012 in Ottawa to 9 February 2012 in Calgary. CloudTweaks.com is proud to be attending the events with Josh Horner covering the Montreal event on 26 January 2012 while Steve Prentice will cover the Toronto event on 31 January 2012.
Our bloggers will be covering keynote speakers, tweets and general HP coverage throughout the day. You may also visit: enterprisecioforum for additional coverage.
The event will provide an interesting array of breakout sessions starting from the very beginning of deciding to go to Cloud Computing to building and thriving in a Private Cloud environment. These breakout sessions will be spread out across four tracks with some of the more notable ones on our list being:
- Where’s the Money? How to Write the Business Case for Cloud: While we’ve been pushing for conversion and acceptance of Cloud Computing for some time, many more still haven’t quite jumped off the fence onto the Cloud bandwagon like the rest of us. A good beginning will pave the way to a smooth adoption of Cloud computing and this beginning breakout session will give some good pointers to those still trying to justify the move.
- Discovering & Roadmapping Your Cloud: This session is tailor-made for the planners and decision makers as they will talk all about the risks, business implications and possibilities for Cloud computing along with simple clear-cut layout strategies in defining your Cloud Roadmap.
- How to Accelerate the Journey to Private or Hybrid Cloud: For many enterprises the Private Cloud path is the way to go for cloud computing while Hybrid Cloud offers a number of advantages that should prove a large incentive to these users. This session will reveal best practices in making that transition all the more speedier and smoother.
From the breakout sessions detailed above it is quite obvious that the HP Master The Cloud event will cater to all sections of the growing Cloud Computing community without leaving anyone behind. While the breakout sessions will be the same for each venue, the Toronto event on 31 January 2012 will feature a showcase of the HP Performance Optimized Data Center (HP POD) which should prove very interesting for those who are already running HP hardware in their datacenters and server rooms. This is because the HP POD will provide a one-stop solution for a Cloud-ready datacenter without the usual teething problems most Private Cloud pioneers have already encountered.
The main keynote speakers for the breakout sessions will consist of:
- Patrick Harr, Worldwide Vice President, Cloud Computing, Hewlett-Packard
- Lu Kabir, Vice President, Global Cloud Computing, Hewlett-Packard
- Denis Gaudreault, Eng. MBA, Business Development Manager, Enterprise Solution Sales, Intel Canada Ltd.
- Jake Smith, Director of Virtualization and Cloud Computing, DCSG, Intel Canada Ltd.
Notable sponsors for the HP Master The Cloud event include Intel as the platinum sponsor and both Microsoft and VMWare as the conference sponsors. Cloud Solution Centre sponsors include AVNet technology solutions, Arrow, Redhat, Citrix, Compugen, OnX Enterprise Solutions, Bell, CompuCom and Gibraltar.
Follow the Event at: twitter.com/cloudtweaks
By Muz Ismial