Model Metrics Introduces the First Mobile Cloud Platform for the Enterprise
Next Generation 2GO Cloud Platform Decreases Time to Market for Enterprise-Ready Mobile Applications Leveraging Adobe, Amazon Web Services, Google and Salesforce.com Technologies; Announces Expanded Support for Adobe AIR on Android
CHICAGO, IL–(Marketwire – August 24, 2010) – Model Metrics, the leader in cloud computing services for the enterprise, today introduced the first mobile cloud platform for the enterprise, enabling business users to take critical business functionality with them, wherever they go. Based on the company’s 1,300 plus custom, mobile and mutli-cloud deployments including Crescent Healthcare and Elkay Manufacturing, Model Metrics 2GO Cloud Platform leverages the industry’s leading cloud technologies from Amazon Web Services, Google and salesforce.com to deliver enterprise-class mobile solutions with expanded device support, including Android and any device running Adobe® AIR®, HTML5 or iOS.
Mobilizing the Cloud
Model Metrics 2GO Cloud Platform was developed to address customer demand for enterprise-class mobile cloud solutions that are scalable, highly customizable and easy to implement in order to make cloud computing work for mobile workforces and to support today’s trend of more business interactions taking place on mobile devices. According to Juniper Research, the mobile cloud computing market is expected to reach $9.5 billion by 2014, with the majority of this growth being driven by businesses (ABI Research: ‘Mobile Cloud Computing’ the Next Big Thing, Juniper Research: $9.5 billion by 2014).
The 2GO Cloud Platform:
- Designed for field representatives and other mobile workers who need a mobile and/or offline solution delivered quickly to simplify everyday tasks and enable productivity while on the go. Users experience seamless performance whether on or offline and see an immediate impact to their productivity with streamlined clickstreams and usability.
- Decreases time to market for customized mobile cloud solutions with pre-built functionality that meets 80% of business needs out of the box, and is significantly more cost-effective than solutions developed from scratch.
- Provides enterprises with multiple device options including Android tablets and smart phones, iPhones and iPads, BlackBerry, Windows Mobile and traditional tablet PCs enabled by Adobe Flash® Builder™ for Force.com, HTML5 and Salesforce Mobile.
New to Model Metrics 2GO Cloud Platform
- New modular architecture that enables enterprises to pick and choose functionality from a series of pre-built, mobile-enabled components to rapidly build and deploy mobile applications that meet their specific business needs.
- Additional device support includes a tested, pre-release version for Android devices utilizing Adobe AIR, with a general availability release expected at the end of 2010. Android device functionality includes advanced business functions such as bar code scanning integrated with Salesforce CRM out of the box.
- In addition to life sciences, pre-packaged solutions now available for consumer goods and retail leveraging multiple 2GO Cloud Platform modules to improve field sales and service execution and enabling clienteling. Includes order entry and bar code scanning, advanced signature capture and call routing.
- “The next generation of our 2GO Cloud Platform reflects what distinguishes Model Metrics as a cloud computing service provider: Our reputation for tackling the most challenging cloud deployments and custom development needs, making them work on or offline for any mobile device and across multiple cloud platforms,” said Adam Caplan, CEO of Model Metrics. “With the confluent trends of enterprise cloud computing and mobility growing at rapid paces, we are uniquely positioned to help enterprises experience the benefits.”
- “At Crescent Healthcare, our vision is to transform the delivery of healthcare in settings outside of hospitals, which places a huge emphasis on enabling mobile access to critical patient information while out in the field,” said Brett Michalak, CIO, Crescent Healthcare. “Model Metrics’ experience with custom cloud computing implementations and making them work on a variety of mobile devices is a key piece to our future success.”
- “Model Metrics’ mobile vision and know-how is the answer for bringing the benefits of cloud computing to enterprises with a highly mobile workforce,” said Eyal Altman, director of strategic management for Elkay Manufacturing, a family of companies with more than 2,800 employees producing cabinetry, plumbing products and decorative surfaces. “Model Metrics’ cloud platform development and mobile expertise enables our workforce and our partners to take our custom Salesforce CRM implementation out in the field on the BlackBerry, iPhone or iPad, significantly improving their productivity.”
- “Model Metrics’ ability to mobilize the benefits of cloud computing across a range of devices and technologies, including its intention to support Adobe AIR for Android, is an important driver for enterprise cloud adoption,” said Anup Murarka, director for Product Marketing, Flash Platform at Adobe. “Model Metrics has been a visionary in applying Adobe technologies to leading cloud platforms, with the 2GO Cloud Platform as no exception.”
- “Model Metrics 2GO Cloud Platform represents the kind of innovation made possible by leveraging the Force.com platform and Adobe Flash Builder,” said Kendall Collins, chief marketing officer, salesforce.com. “The rise of mobile in the enterprise will accelerate as core features are incorporated in the next generation of enterprise cloud computing. This amazing computing shift will help customers realize further success in the cloud.”
- Screenshots — http://www.modelmetrics.com/2go.gif
- Video Demos — http://www.modelmetrics.com/2go-demos/
About Model Metrics
Model Metrics, enabler of the Model Enterprise, delivers solutions and services at the cutting edge of the cloud computing industry. Since its founding in 2003, Model Metrics has become one of the most diversified and respected partners of salesforce.com, Amazon Web Services, Adobe, and Google. Headquartered in Chicago with offices across the country, Model Metrics’ customer base spans all industries and includes enterprises such as Abbott, Allstate, Aon, Cars.com, CME Group, Honeywell, InfoUSA, MasterCard, Medtronic, and Orbitz.
With a reputation for its expertise with custom, mobile, and multi-cloud deployments, Model Metrics has 5,000+ customers and has completed 1,300+ cloud computing implementations for mid-sized and Fortune 1000 companies. Its world-class application development skills using Force.com, Adobe Flex and AIR, Amazon Web Services, Google and the Apple iPhone enable the creation of custom applications featuring multimedia-rich user experiences. To learn more, visit http://www.modelmetrics.com. Follow us on Twitter at @modelmetricsinc.